Tuesday, January 24, 2017

SOE/OSS Triangle Blade Hideout Dagger

Made By: Dagger (...Of Cloak and Dagger) 

01-20-17

 

         So I was working in the shop and I started to think about the WWII Spies and the edged tools they would have had access to. In the SOE/OSS Instructors kits, you would often see very thin Triangle Blade Daggers, or as I call them: "Hideout Daggers". A Hideout Dagger is always made small and very low profile. They are no thicker than 1/4" in diameter, and no longer than 9" OAL and most of the time were much smaller. Some could (and did) fit inside pencils, paintbrushes, pens, and so on. Some Hideout Daggers, the ones that were often found in pens and pencils when you snapped them in half, were no bigger than 4"-5" OAL. These "Micro" Hideout Daggers were used to target the absolute most vital areas of the human body...neck, eyes, arteries, etc.

    So I have been working on one lately and it is small, like the originals, and very very sharp. It is 1/4"(.250") in diameter, its 9" OAL, and has a 4.5" blade and handle, it has a kydex sheath (that I'm making now), and it will be blackened as soon as I'm done making the kydex. 

This one is already sold but these typically run from $135-$200. Have a look and tell me what you think. Thanks. 


9" OAL with 4.5" Blade and handle, already heat-treated, ready to sheath


A couple more views. It will be Blackened very soon.
Just like I said, Blackened. How y'all like it?


Just a couple more items that are due to go into the SOE/OSS Instructors Kit very soon. Just made a sheath for the T-handle dagger. Its gonna be awesome when its all done. Its about 95% done. If you want it, email me. 












 

I've made a Tyre Slasher(right), 2 Thumb Daggers(Top), a Hatpin Dagger(left), a Triangle/Hideout Dagger(mid left), and a T-Handle Dagger(the "T" handle one). In addition to making the "Tool Roll" that will house all of these tools, I am also making a leather or Kydex sheath for each individual piece so they can be used separately. Next, I'm going to create a Lapel dagger for the Kit. (A Lapel dagger is longer and usually thinner width-wise than a Thumb Dagger). Although I'm not yet sure which 'known' SOE/OSS WWII Instructors Kit template/set up I will be copying, or if I will just design my own SOE/OSS WWII I-kit set up, I am sure that I am trying to be as close to the originals as I can. In alot of these kits you will find lapel daggers, thumb daggers, spikes and triangle daggers of various sizes, coin-type tyre slashers, and ring-type tyre slashers, hatpin daggers, ring daggers, hook-handle daggers, nail file or file looking knives, and hideout daggers of all sorts...some in pencils/paintbrushes, some all by themselves. The ones you'd find separate from any pencil or any container were usually meant to be concealed on your person. A popular way/place to conceal these little Hideout Daggers was to open a long seam(like on the side of your pants), and sew them into the seam. Very rarely were these ever found by a preliminary pat-down and could likely be used to aid in escape before the spy was handed off to troops specifically trained in prisoner handling. Hideout options include: Shirt seams, pants seams, bootlaces(not easy but can be done), headphone cables, and so many other options. 

 
Anyways, That's it for now, enjoy. 

And WATCH YOUR SIX! 

-Dagger, Out.😉

 

No comments:

Post a Comment